4.07.2010

A Random Rant...

Call me crazy, but I believe that people who own pets should TAKE CARE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!  Since we moved to Sumrall I have kept a close eye on 2 horses that some idiot owns a few miles from our house. You can tell from the looks of their trashy yard, house, etc that these people are obviously not good at taking care of anything but the living conditions of their horses makes me furious! In their front yard/dump, they have a chicken-wire, mud-bottom pen that can't be any larger than 10x10 in which they "keep" their 2 large horses. About 6 months ago, I had enough and called to report the situation (in which I was told to contact the police to handle it) So I did. The police officer checked out the situation and called me to let me know there was nothing they could do unless the horses were emaciated/dying!!! This really really ticked me off so I let the guy know that I would store his cell number in my phone and call him when the horses are on thier death bed (I'm sure he hates the day he heard from me) Well...that was about 6-7 phone calls ago and nothing has been done! One of these days I'm going to make something happen! I'm tempted to ask the owners if I could buy them but they look like the type that may pull a shotgun on you! My next move....get pics of these poor horses and I will post them. Thats all for now!!!