1.29.2010

911

This past Wednesday afternoon was my first time (and hopefully my last time) to call 911, so I thought I would share! Barrier was on his way home from a business trip in Louisiana and I planned to (like the great wife that I am) have dinner ready when he got home. I took a shower and as I was "trying" to get dressed...I turned on the heat. Moments later, smoke began filling the house and I freaked!! First I called Bear and of course, since he was 3 hours away, he told me to call 911. So I did (and at this point, I had dropped my towel and was now running around the house naked trying to figure out what was burning). Believe me, it was a sight to be seen! The sweet 911 operator informed me that I needed to get myself and all animals out of the house until the fire trucks arrived. I quickly threw some on some clother and went outside to wait.


5 minutes later.....3 fire trucks, 1 ambulance, 2 police cars, and about 8-9 other volunteer vehicles pull into our front yard! Sumrall is a very small town but obviously VERY well-equipped when it comes to emergencies! Long story short...(from what the firefighter told me) it ended up being a piece of lint that was sucked into the "unit" and that’s what caused the smoke and smell. I felt bad for making such a BIG scene, but I was glad to know that it wasn't anything major.

I'm telling you...the thought of our house and everything in it going up in flames made me sick! I don't know if I have ever been that scared. I am very thankful that it was minor!